Thanks for participating in the Artist Directory on ArtsKCGo.com! The directory includes highly skilled artists located across the Kansas City region – from poets to musicians and sculptors to choreographers.
Please note: Submissions are reviewed on a weekly basis. After approval, profiles can be edited at any time.
Do I qualify?
An artist of any discipline must meet the following qualifications:
Location: Artists must reside in the five-county Kansas City metropolitan area: Jackson (MO), Clay (MO), Platte (MO), Johnson (KS) and Wyandotte (KS) counties. *Profiles for artists living and/or working in neighboring counties may be approved on a case-by-case basis.
- Must be able to provide 6 examples of work via photos, marketing material, published work, professional video and/or audio recordings, press mentions, etc.
- Please include at least 3 images in your profile as examples of work, regardless of discipline. These should be uploaded to the profile gallery, with one being the featured image. The other 3 examples can be anything you’d like!
- Images must be under 2 MB in size for upload. You can resize images using a free tool like TinyPNG.
- PDFs should only be uploaded in the case of presenting writing samples, resume, or other written format work.
- Maintain an active, public online business presence where examples of your work can be viewed.
- e.g. Website, Facebook, Instagram, Etsy
- An online presence will be considered ‘inactive’ if it has not been updated in the current calendar year.
- An online presence will be considered ‘private’ if it is not available for public viewing without a friend request, subscription, or other sort of pre-approval.
Disciplines: Your art must fall in to one or more of the following categories:
- Art Education
- Community-Based Art
- Performance Art
You are encouraged to list your work in any and all relevant categories.
The following DO NOT qualify:
- Residents outside the five-county region: Jackson, Clay, Platte, Johnson and Wyandotte counties (neighboring counties will be considered on a case-by-case basis)
- Copyright infringement or stolen content
- Exercise instruction, personal blogs, academic writing, critics, cover music, craft/DYI, art created using crafting kits, and edible items
Is there a fee to list?
Nope! ArtsKC does NOT charge artists for profiles on the Artist Directory.
What if I do not qualify?
If you don’t qualify at this time, please reapply as you develop your artistic career.
PLEASE NOTE: ArtsKC reserves the right to edit and/or remove any and all listings or images without prior notification to the event submitter. These guidelines articulate the general parameters by which such information will be considered and accepted or rejected for submission to the website; however, in all instances, the authority to make decisions based on specific circumstances belongs to ArtsKC alone.
Questions? Email email@example.com.