Brooklyn Rider - 'Variations on a Theme'
Brooklyn Rider | Sunday, March 5 at 7 p.m. | Polsky Theatre | With its gripping performance style and unquenchable appetite for musical adventure, Brooklyn Rider has carved a singular space in the world of string quartets over its 15-year history.
Caroline Shaw: “Entr’acte”
Osvaldo Golijov: New Work (Title to be confirmed)
Franz Schubert: String Quartet No. 14 in D Minor, D 810 — “Death and the Maiden”
Defining the string quartet as a medium with deep historic roots and endless possibility for invention, the quartet finds equal inspiration in musical languages ranging from late Beethoven to Persian classical music to American roots music to the endlessly varied voices of living composers.
Claiming no allegiance to
INDIVIDUAL DATES & TIMES*
- Mar 5, 2023 at 07:00 pm (Sun)
12345 College Blvd, Box 14, Overland Park, KS 66210
- For the best parking, check your tickets for curtain time and arrive 20-25 minutes in advance.
- Parking at Johnson County Community College is generally free, except for the rare weeknight performance. Ask the box office about reserved parking if the event you’re attending is scheduled on a weeknight.
- The closest place to park is in either the East or West Midwest Trust Center parking garage. To get to the Midwest Trust Center garages, drive onto campus from the east College Boulevard entrance. The garages are two-level lots directly in front of (to the north of) the Midwest Trust Center. “Reserved” spots in the surface lot parallel to the west garage may be used for performance parking.
- To get to the Galileo’s Garden parking structure, drive onto campus at Quivira Road or follow the East Campus inner road east and south to Clock Drive. Turn right on Clock Drive into the parking garage. After you park, walk out of the northeast exit of the garage and follow the sidewalk straight north to the Midwest Trust Center.