Emerson Quartet Farewell Tour
Emerson Quartet Farewell Tour with special guest David Finckel, cello | Saturday, February 18 at 8 p.m. | Yardley Hall | The quartet has maintained its status as one of the world’s premier chamber music ensembles for more than four decades.
Eugene Drucker and Philip Setzer – violins
Lawrence Dutton – viola
Paul Watkins – cello
Program (subject to change)
Beethoven String Quartet Op. 127
Schubert String Quartet in C Major, D. 956
“With musicians like this,” wrote a reviewer for The Times (London), “there must be some hope for humanity.” The Quartet has made more than 30 acclaimed recordings and has been honored with nine Grammys (including two for Best Classical Album), three Gramophone Awards, the AveryView more
INDIVIDUAL DATES & TIMES*
- Feb 18, 2023 at 08:00 pm (Sat)
Additional time info:
Pre-show talk at 7 p.m.
Purchase tickets for the pre-show dinner at 6:30 p.m.
12345 College Blvd, Box 14, Overland Park, KS 66210
- For the best parking, check your tickets for curtain time and arrive 20-25 minutes in advance.
- Parking at Johnson County Community College is generally free, except for the rare weeknight performance. Ask the box office about reserved parking if the event you’re attending is scheduled on a weeknight.
- The closest place to park is in either the East or West Midwest Trust Center parking garage. To get to the Midwest Trust Center garages, drive onto campus from the east College Boulevard entrance. The garages are two-level lots directly in front of (to the north of) the Midwest Trust Center. “Reserved” spots in the surface lot parallel to the west garage may be used for performance parking.
- To get to the Galileo’s Garden parking structure, drive onto campus at Quivira Road or follow the East Campus inner road east and south to Clock Drive. Turn right on Clock Drive into the parking garage. After you park, walk out of the northeast exit of the garage and follow the sidewalk straight north to the Midwest Trust Center.