George Hinchliffe's Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain
Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain | Saturday, April 15 at 8 p.m. | Yardley Hall | Returning for their fifth appearance at MTC, the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain has become not only a national institution, but also a worldwide phenomenon.
When the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain began in 1985, public opinion was that an orchestra consisting entirely of ukuleles in different sizes was a strange concept. But this was something that attracted the founders, who had experience with many kinds of music and yet, had become tired of the conventions of the music business world, as well as the conventions of performance and genre stereotyping prevalent at that time. The idea was to make something fresh and entertaining, both modernView more
INDIVIDUAL DATES & TIMES*
- Apr 15, 2023 at 08:00 pm (Sat)
12345 College Blvd, Box 14, Overland Park, KS 66210
- For the best parking, check your tickets for curtain time and arrive 20-25 minutes in advance.
- Parking at Johnson County Community College is generally free, except for the rare weeknight performance. Ask the box office about reserved parking if the event you’re attending is scheduled on a weeknight.
- The closest place to park is in either the East or West Midwest Trust Center parking garage. To get to the Midwest Trust Center garages, drive onto campus from the east College Boulevard entrance. The garages are two-level lots directly in front of (to the north of) the Midwest Trust Center. “Reserved” spots in the surface lot parallel to the west garage may be used for performance parking.
- To get to the Galileo’s Garden parking structure, drive onto campus at Quivira Road or follow the East Campus inner road east and south to Clock Drive. Turn right on Clock Drive into the parking garage. After you park, walk out of the northeast exit of the garage and follow the sidewalk straight north to the Midwest Trust Center.