MTC Kids Jam - Oran Etkin's Timbalooloo 'Finding Friends Far From Home'
MTC Kids Jam – Oran Etkin | Saturday, January 21 at 11 a.m. | Polsky Theatre | The MTC Kids Jam concert series is specially designed with families in mind! Join us in the MTC lobby at 10 a.m. for art activities followed by a concert.
This performance tells the story of Clara Net (a clarinet), who meets new instrument friends from around the world and creates new music as the cultures meet. It is accompanied by a new album, recorded on location in Zimbabwe, Czech Republic, China and Turkey as Etkin toured. This project further redefines the creative process by gathering the fruits of these encounters into one album, which tells a tale of friendship and understanding. Voted No. 1 Rising Star Clarinetist in Downbeat Critics’View more
INDIVIDUAL DATES & TIMES*
- Jan 21, 2023 at 11:00 am (Sat)
Additional time info:
Join us in the MTC lobby at 10 a.m. for art activities led by the Nerman Museum of Contemporary Art.
12345 College Blvd, Box 14, Overland Park, KS 66210
- For the best parking, check your tickets for curtain time and arrive 20-25 minutes in advance.
- Parking at Johnson County Community College is generally free, except for the rare weeknight performance. Ask the box office about reserved parking if the event you’re attending is scheduled on a weeknight.
- The closest place to park is in either the East or West Midwest Trust Center parking garage. To get to the Midwest Trust Center garages, drive onto campus from the east College Boulevard entrance. The garages are two-level lots directly in front of (to the north of) the Midwest Trust Center. “Reserved” spots in the surface lot parallel to the west garage may be used for performance parking.
- To get to the Galileo’s Garden parking structure, drive onto campus at Quivira Road or follow the East Campus inner road east and south to Clock Drive. Turn right on Clock Drive into the parking garage. After you park, walk out of the northeast exit of the garage and follow the sidewalk straight north to the Midwest Trust Center.