Winterlude - Bobby Watson Quartet
Bobby Watson Quartet | Sunday, January 15 at 7 p.m. | Yardley Hall | For more than three decades, Watson has contributed consistently intelligent, sensitive and well-thought-out music to the modern-day jazz lexicon.
A saxophonist, composer, arranger and educator, Bobby Watson grew up in Kansas City, Kansas, and trained formally at the University of Miami. He earned his “doctorate” – on the bandstand – as musical director of Art Blakey’s Jazz Messengers, which showcased a rotating cast of players, many of whom would go on to have substantial careers as bandleaders.
In the mid-’80s, Watson became a highly sought-after musician, working with notable artists such as drummers Max Roach and Louis
INDIVIDUAL DATES & TIMES*
- Jan 15, 2023 at 07:00 pm (Sun)
12345 College Blvd, Box 14, Overland Park, KS 66210
- For the best parking, check your tickets for curtain time and arrive 20-25 minutes in advance.
- Parking at Johnson County Community College is generally free, except for the rare weeknight performance. Ask the box office about reserved parking if the event you’re attending is scheduled on a weeknight.
- The closest place to park is in either the East or West Midwest Trust Center parking garage. To get to the Midwest Trust Center garages, drive onto campus from the east College Boulevard entrance. The garages are two-level lots directly in front of (to the north of) the Midwest Trust Center. “Reserved” spots in the surface lot parallel to the west garage may be used for performance parking.
- To get to the Galileo’s Garden parking structure, drive onto campus at Quivira Road or follow the East Campus inner road east and south to Clock Drive. Turn right on Clock Drive into the parking garage. After you park, walk out of the northeast exit of the garage and follow the sidewalk straight north to the Midwest Trust Center.