WTCA Global Mural Competition
Posted: Jan 15, 2020
The creative brief below is available for Members to use to solicit submissions from local artists,
students, or others for the WTCA Global Mural Competition.
Thank you for your interest in the World Trade Centers Association’s (WTCA) Global Mural
As a brief introduction, we are a member of the WTCA — a non-profit organization that serves as
a platform to link its Members and their local businesses with global markets, connecting local
businesses with international opportunities for trade and investment via its network of more
than 325 Members. In celebration of its 50th Anniversary, the organization is launching a Global
Mural Competition with the theme of:
“Understanding Through Trade”
We are asking local students or artists to participate by creating or submitting an original piece
of art that visually defines:
“The cultural understanding and connection that results
from trade between diverse peoples and nations.”
We are permitted to submit one entry (original artwork), and we are delighted to partner with
you for this exciting opportunity.
Submissions will be accepted in digital format, and pieces will then be produced and displayed
at the General Assembly (GA) gala next March at the WTCA General Assembly in Taipei.
Specs for the digital format would consist of a baseline as noted below:
• Digital format, including Photoshop or Illustrator files, or high-res scans of other media
• Illustrator files should be at no less than 50% of final size
• High resolution scans of other media should be scanned as close to final print size as
• Photoshop files must be provided as 150-dpi to 300-dpi TIFFS at final size
• Files should be created at the final size to be printed
• Files can be converted to JPEG for transport using HIGHEST quality setting
• Submissions should be in 2:3 ratio, and able to be printed to at least 36 x 48 in. / 91.44 x
All artwork must be submitted at https://events.bizzabo.com/WTCA50TH by February 7, 2020.
They will then be physically produced by the WTCA and put on display at the General Assembly
in March 2020 in Taipei, so that attendees — WTCA Members, other delegates, and invited
guests alike — can vote for their four favorites. The four submissions that garner the most votes
will win a cash prize of US $1,500 each*. Winning pieces will be used as WTCA marketing creative
with attribution to the respective artists, and will be available for use by WTCA Members as well.
Please let us know if you have additional questions, or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.