IMPORTANT: Please use the Find An Event search function to ensure there is not already a listing for your event. Duplicate listings will be deleted. To inquire about the management of an existing event, please contact Moriah Hillson at email@example.com.
Can I post my event on ArtsKCGo.com?
An event must meet the following criteria to be listed:
Lead Time: Each submitted event is reviewed by ArtsKC staff before publishing. Please allow 3 – 4 business days for your event to be reviewed. We recommend that you submit your event listing at least two to four weeks prior to the event’s start date for optimal promotion. If we receive your event info less than two weeks in advance, we cannot guarantee that your event will be posted.
Public Events: All events must be open to the public, with or without a fee. Invitation/member-only events will not be accepted.
Location: ArtsKCGo currently includes events held in the five-county service area of ArtsKC – Regional Arts Council including Jackson, Clay, Platte, Johnson and Wyandotte counties.
*Exceptions may be made for events associated with ArtsKCGo calendar partners utilizing a calendar widget on their site, in which case the event will only appear on the partner site, not on ArtsKCGo.com.
Types of Events: Events are listed under at least one Primary Category (Art, Music, etc.) and can be cross-listed under as many additional primary or sub-categories (Visual, Gallery, etc.) as relevant.
- Art Education
- Forums & One-Time Workshops
- Museums (Exhibitions & Events)
- Festivals & First Friday
- Fundraising events under these conditions:
- Presented by and solely benefiting an arts or cultural non-profit 501(c) 3 organization
- Event activities include exhibition or performance
- Open to the public
- Clearly stated as a “fundraiser” or “fundraising event” within the event description
ArtsKCGo does NOT accept:
- Events outside of the Kansas City metropolitan area
- Virtual events without a designated location
- Political rallies/fundraisers
- Religious/worship services or events that assume religious or spiritual beliefs of the audience
- Happy hours, networking and/or recruitment events
- Informational or business-building events
- Retail sales, shopping or merchandising events
- Events hosted by individual artists (See Currently Ineligible)
Artists: If an event is held at a local gallery, the gallery may list the event on behalf of the artist. If you are an artist, please join the Artist Directory! You can then attach your name to existing event listings.