What is ArtsKCGO.com?
ArtsKCGo.com is an initiative of ArtsKC – Regional Arts Council. The platform is a central place to find arts and cultural events, organizations, venues and resources offered across Kansas City’s metropolitan area. Aligning with ArtsKC’s mission to promote, support, and advocate for the arts, ArtsKCGo.com is designed as a free tool for the arts community to promote events and increase audience engagement.
In June 2017, ArtsKCGo.com launched as a comprehensive event calendar, organization directory, and venue directory.
The front and back-end user portal allows area arts and culture organizations of every size to login, create profiles, and submit events for viewing by the general public. The public can also logon to bookmark and track their favorite genres, artists, and events. The platform makes it easy for residents and visitors to browse, search, and connect with the art surrounding them.
In the coming year, four functions will be added:
- Artist Directory to feature local artists’ profiles and work to help them reach a broader audience
- Arts Education to help parents, schools and organizations incorporate art into their curriculum
- Public Art Directory to locate public art across the region
- Classifieds/Resources to highlight things like auditions and grant opportunities
How can I use ArtsKCGo.com?
- Individuals easily find times, locations and ticket prices for specific events and bookmark their favorites.
- Artists post profiles, showcase their work and connect to the community.
- Art Educators have access to a robust directory of arts and culture programs offered to schools, community centers and others reaching young adults.
- Arts and cultural organizations have a simple, flexible way to reach existing and new audience members.
How do I post an event?
- Review the Organization and/or Venue Guidelines.
- Read the Event Guidelines for restrictions on event types.
- Register as a user.
- Submit a new event!
With the launch of ArtsKCGo, Kansas City joins the ranks of more than 50 cities coast-to-coast using the Artsopolis platform to increase participation in the arts and facilitate connections, including Boston, Nashville, Indianapolis, and Tallahassee. Artsopolis combines a visually appealing, mobile-responsive design with simple navigation and powerful administrative tools to increase engagement, audience development, and community building efforts.