IMPORTANT: Please search the Venue Directory to ensure there is not already a listing for the venue you represent. Duplicate listings will be deleted. To inquire about the management of an existing venue, please contact Moriah Hillson at email@example.com.
Can my venue be listed on ArtsKCGo.com?
A venue must meet the following criteria to be listed in the Venue Directory:
Arts/Culture Space: The Venue Directory is exclusive to arts and culture-specific, physical spaces such as theaters, music halls and galleries. Please review the guidelines below.
Location: ArtsKCGo currently includes events held in the five-county service area of ArtsKC – Regional Arts Council including Jackson, Clay, Platte, Johnson and Wyandotte counties.
*Exceptions may be made for events associated with ArtsKCGo calendar partners utilizing a calendar widget on their site, in which case the event will only appear on the partner site, not on ArtsKCGo.com.
Types of Venues: You are encouraged to list your venue in any and all relevant categories.
ArtsKCGo accepts the following venues:
- Art Education
- Literary / Library
- Performing Arts Center
ArtsKCGo does NOT accept:
- Venues located outside of ArtsKC’s five-county service area (Jackson, Clay, Platte, Johnson and Wyandotte counties)
- Temporary or one-time event locations
- Political/Activist venues
- Religious venues (exceptions may be made for venues which produce and present out-of-region performances)
- Retail business or merchandise venues whose primary business is not the sale of art or performance
- Networking or chamber organizations
- Schools or school districts (Such organizations may be included in the upcoming Arts Education portal; University theaters/galleries are accepted)
Is there a fee to list?
ArtsKC does NOT charge non-profit organizations to list events on ArtsKCGo.com. For-profit organizations will NOT be charged during the “launch period” from June – December 2017. The for-profit policy will be re-evaluated in December 2017.
What if my venue does NOT qualify?
If NOT qualified for the Venue Directory, performances occurring at your venue are submitted to ArtsKCGo by the organization/performer. Performers can type in the name and address of a specific venue without selecting from the Venue Directory.
PLEASE NOTE: ArtsKC reserves the right to edit and/or remove any and all listings or images without prior notification to the event submitter. These guidelines articulate the general parameters by which such information will be considered and accepted or rejected for submission to the website; however, in all instances, the authority to make decisions based on specific circumstances belongs to ArtsKC.
Questions? Email Moriah Hillson at firstname.lastname@example.org.