Chicago Tap Theatre in "Unleash the Beats"
Members of Chicago Tap Theatre in bright clothing all leaping in the air.
Chicago Tap Theatre | Friday, Oct. 13 at 8 p.m. | Yardley Hall | A vibrant dance company with a unique mission to preserve the quintessentially American dance form of tap and to take tap to the next level of creativity and innovation.
Chicago Tap Theatre stands apart from other dance companies by bridging the gap between tap and other forms of concert dance (such as jazz, ballet and modern) by adopting a conceptual, narrative (story-based) and more emotional approach to its work. The troupe performs exclusively with live music provided by some of Chicago’s finest musicians, playing everything from Duke Ellington to David Bowie, and many artists in between. The company has performed the works of Buster Brown, Eddie Brown ... view more »
INDIVIDUAL DATES & TIMES*
- Oct 13, 2023 at 08:00 pm (Fri)
12345 College Blvd, Box 14, Overland Park, KS 66210
- For the best parking, check your tickets for curtain time and arrive 20-25 minutes in advance.
- Parking at Johnson County Community College is generally free, except for the rare weeknight performance. Ask the box office about reserved parking if the event you’re attending is scheduled on a weeknight.
- The closest place to park is in either the East or West Midwest Trust Center parking garage. To get to the Midwest Trust Center garages, drive onto campus from the east College Boulevard entrance. The garages are two-level lots directly in front of (to the north of) the Midwest Trust Center. “Reserved” spots in the surface lot parallel to the west garage may be used for performance parking.
- To get to the Galileo’s Garden parking structure, drive onto campus at Quivira Road or follow the East Campus inner road east and south to Clock Drive. Turn right on Clock Drive into the parking garage. After you park, walk out of the northeast exit of the garage and follow the sidewalk straight north to the Midwest Trust Center.
MORE FROM Midwest Trust Center at Johnson County Community College
Sep 29 - Sep 30, 2023