Soweto Gospel Choir
Hope: It’s Been a Long Time Coming | October 16 7 p.m. | Yardley Hall | Winner of the 2019 Grammy Award for Best World Music Album, the world’s most critically acclaimed choir brings its ‘Hope’ concert to North America & Canada for the first time.
In its concert of “Hope,” commemorating and remembering South Africa’s Freedom Movement and the Civil Rights Movement in the U.S., three-time Grammy-winning Soweto Gospel Choir brings joy and inspiration to all of us. An unforgettable night starts with some of the South African freedom songs that inspired its Rainbow Nation, then moves to the United States with beautiful and heartfelt renditions of the music of the Civil Rights movement, featuring works by legendary artists BillieView more
INDIVIDUAL DATES & TIMES*
- Oct 16, 2022 at 07:00 pm (Sun)
12345 College Blvd, Box 14, Overland Park, KS 66210
- For the best parking, check your tickets for curtain time and arrive 20-25 minutes in advance.
- Parking at Johnson County Community College is generally free, except for the rare weeknight performance. Ask the box office about reserved parking if the event you’re attending is scheduled on a weeknight.
- The closest place to park is in either the East or West Midwest Trust Center parking garage. To get to the Midwest Trust Center garages, drive onto campus from the east College Boulevard entrance. The garages are two-level lots directly in front of (to the north of) the Midwest Trust Center. “Reserved” spots in the surface lot parallel to the west garage may be used for performance parking.
- To get to the Galileo’s Garden parking structure, drive onto campus at Quivira Road or follow the East Campus inner road east and south to Clock Drive. Turn right on Clock Drive into the parking garage. After you park, walk out of the northeast exit of the garage and follow the sidewalk straight north to the Midwest Trust Center.