Women of Note in Words and Song
Women of Note in Words and song logo with image of Elizabethan women. Logos for Bach Aria Soloists and Heart of America Shakespeare Festival at the bottom.
Women of Note in Words and Song | Saturday, Jan. 13 at 8 p.m. | Polsky Theatre | This collaborative, script in hand performance brings together the Heart of America Shakespeare Festival and the Bach Aria Soloists for an an all-female performance.
Riveting scenes from Shakespeare’s “Macbeth,” “As You Like it,” “King Lear,” “Hamlet,” “A Midsummer Night’s Dream,” “Taming of the Shrew,” “Twelfth Night,” “Othello” and “Merry Wives of Windsor,” with music composed by Barbara Strozzi, Hildegard von Bingen, Elisabeth Jacquet de la Guerre, Marianna Martines, Cecilia McDowall and Susan Kander.
INDIVIDUAL DATES & TIMES*
- Jan 13, 2024 at 08:00 pm (Sat)
Additional time info:
Free pre-show talk with Dr. Paul Laird at 7 p.m.
12345 College Blvd, Box 14, Overland Park, KS 66210
- For the best parking, check your tickets for curtain time and arrive 20-25 minutes in advance.
- Parking at Johnson County Community College is generally free, except for the rare weeknight performance. Ask the box office about reserved parking if the event you’re attending is scheduled on a weeknight.
- The closest place to park is in either the East or West Midwest Trust Center parking garage. To get to the Midwest Trust Center garages, drive onto campus from the east College Boulevard entrance. The garages are two-level lots directly in front of (to the north of) the Midwest Trust Center. “Reserved” spots in the surface lot parallel to the west garage may be used for performance parking.
- To get to the Galileo’s Garden parking structure, drive onto campus at Quivira Road or follow the East Campus inner road east and south to Clock Drive. Turn right on Clock Drive into the parking garage. After you park, walk out of the northeast exit of the garage and follow the sidewalk straight north to the Midwest Trust Center.
MORE FROM Midwest Trust Center at Johnson County Community College
Sep 29 - Sep 30, 2023
Oct 13, 2023